Shape memory bollards : By direct bedding
Direct bedding in concrete method:
- Dig out a trench
- Check the nature of the soil
- Make a foundation block
> Medicare soil : MA type : 0,5 x 0,5 x 0,5
> Good soil : MA type : 0,4 x 0,4 x 0,4
- Embed the bollard as shown in the diagram
If you are drilling a hole to fit the bollard, we advise drilling a hole at least 1.5 times the diameter of the bollard.
Bollards with 1 or 2 flange rings must be sunk into the anchor block as shown in the above diagrams.
For embedding we recommend very quick-setting Weber Cel Flash mortar for fixing street furniture.
Bollard with one flange ring
Bollard with two flange rings
Bollard with reinforcing rod
On removable base
- Removable base made of polyurethane
- Product comprising 3 elements
> base unit to embed with a locking device
> 2 half-jaws inserted into the base unit
- Locked with an 11 mm triangular key
- Available for bollard diameters
60, 76, 80, 90 and 100 mm
- Fitting principle:
- Dig out a trench
- Place the base unit in the concrete or bedding mixture
- Insert the bollard into the grip jaw
- Place the assembly in the embedded base then lock with the
supplied 11 mm key
- If the bollard is missing, fold over the grip jaw and lock with the key.
- Grip hole for removing the base without the bollard compliant with the PRM standard (hole less than 20 mm in diameter)
Tapered metal footing
- Anchor footing allowing occasional removal and requiring no civil engineering work if the bollard needs changing
- An anchoring kit includes: an anchoring system 300 mm long, a clamping plate, a polymer joint, bolting
- Available for all bollard diameters
- Optional lacquering of the clamping plate
- Fit the anchor by using a pneumatic drill or embed it
- Slide the seal ring between the clamping plate and the base of the bollard
- Insert the bollard and lock it in place with the clamping plate
For your information, footings are also available in diameter 60 mm, dimensions 80×40 mm and 80×80 mm for posts bearing signs, police signs in particular.